Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Friend's Tablescape

I went to a "duckling" baby shower on Sunday.  What a cute idea!  My friend, Maryellen, is kindly allowing me to post pictures of her tablescape (and her delicious buffet).  She is incredibly creative and has a beautiful home.

Some guests had already taken their dinner plates when I started taking pictures:


The centerpiece is a mom duck and her ducklings "floating" down a river of white tulle with flickering tealites (electric), clear ornaments, white styrofoam balls and pink daisies.








Overhead shots:




Here's what the place settings looked like.  Don't you love the drip catchers under the water and wine glasses?  She even found cocktail napkins to match her dinnerware!  The napkin rings are pacifiers.


She made a delicous peach drink to start everyone off with.




The buffet!  Delicious!


Duckling cookies


Ham and pineapple tray.  She had picks all over it that said "baby".  Kind of hard to see in this pic.


Asparagus wrapped in bread


Mini muffins with chocolates wrapped in duckling foil


Cupcakes with ducks on the top


Her buffet centerpiece!  Where does she find these things???


Baby carriage fruit bowl


Diaper cake with her daughter's baby shoes.  Oh, yes, her daughter is due this month!  Baby girl, Annabelle!


Okay, and I have to throw in a couple of pictures of my morning glories which are getting out of control over my backyard arbor.



All this from a few seeds that a co-worker gave me.





Thanks for joining me today.

I've joined the following parties:


Be sure to visit them!

Enjoy your day!


5 comments:

  1. Hello Lynn, What a cute theme for a baby shower! Love the little duckies :) The food looks delicious! My daughter went to a baby shower a while back and made one of those diaper cakes. I had never seen or heard of doing one of those before! It's a really neat idea! I'm sure everyone had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos with us!

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute baby shower! And love those morning glories. I need an arbor and some seeds! ♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing shower full of amazing ideas! Great centerpiece ideas. Please link up to my Centerpiece Wednesday party!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. So creative and cute. Wish I knew someone to give a shower to.
    You ust have a green thumb. The morning glories are beatiful.
    You are always welcome to come to tea Hope to see you soon.
    Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete